The days of media conglomerates controlling the distribution of content are over. Now, individual creators and brands have the power to create their own content and have it reach thousands to millions of people. One form of media that’s aiding in this shift is podcasting; its high levels of engagement and built-in niche audiences make it an appealing market for brands.
Founder of podcast PR agency Lemonpie and podcast production company Hatch, Erik Jacobson is an expert in the world of podcast marketing. He’s joining Sarah on this episode of Marketing With Empathy to share his insights and tips to practice podcast to podcast marketing.
Erik has learned a lot during his career, having helped more than 200 brands build awareness, generate leads, and drive revenue. He’s sharing how creating a podcast or going on a podcast tour can support brands at every level in the content marketing funnel. Plus, he also divulges three tactics that give the highest rates of success!
Whether you’re thinking about starting your brand’s own podcast or considering a podcast tour, don’t miss all the knowledge shared in this episode!
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
- Successes podcasts are generating for brands
- The shift in content consumption and creation
- Ways brands can use podcasting in their content marketing strategy
- How podcasting helps at each level in the marketing funnel
- Podcast metrics and determining your brand’s podcast ROI
- Repurposing content from your podcast
- What kind of growth can a brand expect after launching a podcast?
- Erik’s company as an example of how a small audience can change a business
- Is a podcast tour the right strategy for you?
- Update on season three of Erik’s company podcast, Brands That Podcast
- Tips to have a successful podcast tour
- Who in the company should be the voice of the brand?
- Coordinating outreach for podcast interviews and a useful resource!
- Podcast to podcast marketing tactics
Need help finding the right podcasts for your podcast tour? Check out Erik’s recommendation, Rephonic!
FREE CONTENT PLANNING DOWNLOAD
Click here for 3 Ways to Improve Your Content Strategy This Year, packed with tips and actionable advice that I’ve learned and mastered over the last 20 years.
Looking to humanize your brand, connect with your audience, and attract top-funnel leads to drive bottom-funnel results? Sign up for my 3-month Brand Storytelling Academy program.
ABOUT SARAH PANUS
Sarah Panus is a brand storytelling marketing strategist, Minnesota mom, and owner of Kindred Speak, LLC, a remote consultancy that helps corporations attract upper-funnel leads that drive bottom-funnel results through storytelling. Her mission is to add value to the world by humanizing brand+consumer connections. Her online courses teach content professionals inside corporations how to think like Editorial Directors to drive stronger results while enjoying their jobs more. She’s spent the last 20 years helping brands including Sleep Number, Starbucks, Nestle Waters, Christos Bridal, Game Crazy, Cone Inc, and others, speak a kindred language with their audiences, driving brand advocacy and millions in revenue and brand engagements. Learn more at www.kindredspeak.com.