Today we are talking about influencer marketing—specifically micro and nano influencers. Joining Sarah Panus is the sassy and smart Kelly Olexa of the Kelly O Show podcast. Kelly has a ton of experience with influencer marketing, having owned and run a successful influencer fitness company (which is when she and I first met/started working together), and she’s now a Director at an influencer company that helps brands and influencers collaborate, called Lumanu.
Topics Discussed During this podcast episode
- Why influencer marketing is successful.
- What should brands avoid to help them be more successful with influencers?
- Developing long-term relationships with influencers for stronger results.
- Working with micro and nano influencers.
- Examples of brands who effectively tap into micro or nano influencers.
- How influencers can help add a layer of empathy to a brand’s content strategy.
- Ideal scenarios of when a brand should use micro and nano influencers.
- What factors brands should consider when researching and evaluating potential micro and nano influencers.
- What Lumanu is seeing regarding paid social distribution of influencer content to reach more people.
- How to measure influencer success.
- Kelly’s answer to Sarah’s question about a mistake made in her career and how you can all learn from it.
Links Mentioned in the episode
Learn more about Lumanu’s whitelisting influencer capabilities at https://www.lumanu.com/
The Kelly O Show podcast http://thekellyoshow.com/
READY TO REDUCE STRESS BY clarifying and organizing your brand storytelling strategy? check out my pre-made BRAND STORYTELLING FRAMEWORK POWERPOINT TEMPLATE
A more focused and aligned brand storytelling marketing strategy is right around the corner! If you’re looking for a quick brand storytelling framework template to plug and play, I’ve got your back. I created this affordable PowerPoint template, with the above five essentials, to help you easily and quickly create your own brand storytelling framework. All you have to do is follow the prompts, update with your brand’s info, and bam—you have your own brand storytelling framework to follow and use for team alignment. LEARN MORE
Sarah Panus has nearly 20 years’ experience helping billion-dollar brands drive leading ROI through brand storytelling. Sarah is a Minnesota mama, content strategist, podcast host of Marketing With Empathy, and owner of Kindred Speak LLC. She’s on a mission to humanize brands; help content marketers reduce overwhelm/confusion; and raise money to fund child trafficking rescue missions. She spends her days working 1:1 with brand clients, and is newly getting into the online course space where she’ll teach you how to think like an Editorial Director, and build winning brand storytelling strategies. Follow Sarah on Instagram or LinkedIn as she helps brand content marketers who struggle with overwhelm or confusion at work. Learn more at www.kindredspeak.com.