Why and how you can add video to your organization’s communications toolkit. Advice for non-profits from Mary Knox Miller. Why video is a must when it comes to building community, engaging with your community, and especially fundraising.
Mary Knox is an expert in visual communications, multimedia creation, project management, and digital asset management. An international photojournalist turned heart-centered educator, Mary-Knox spends her days filming faculty and students as the Assistant Director of Multimedia for Harvard Business School’s MBA Program.
She’s also the Founder of MaryKnoxMiller.com, where she’s on a mission to empower nonprofits with the tools of video and the art of storytelling. Her passion is helping mission-driven organizations tell their story + connect with their audience, one human being at a time.
Topics Discussed During this podcast episode
- Mary Knox Miller’s background as an international photojournalist to video expert, and work at Harvard Business School’s MBA program and owner of her own non-profit video coaching company at maryknoxmiller.com
- What a day-in-the-life looks like as Assistant Director of Multimedia at Harvard Business School’s MBA program. What multimedia outlets Mary Knox oversees.
- What have you learned about using video storytelling to help attract and engage students at the MBA-level?
- Any recent content wins you’d like to share?
- What are the main storytelling struggles you hear from your nonprofit clients?
- An example of how video storytelling helps build community and support.
- Mary Knox’s new online course called the Video Nonprofit Lab and her signature L.I.F.T. method to help nonprofit communicators.
- What would you say to the person listening right now that wants to do more video storytelling, but isn’t for one reason or another?
- Where Mary Knox finds creative inspiration from.
- Mary Knox shares a mistake she’s learned from in her career that you can learn from too.
- The one thing Mary Knox wants you to do to is email your video to her for reaction– seriously! Listen to find out how you can score some free advice.
Links Mentioned in the episode
HBS Case Method video series: https://www.hbs.edu/mba/academic-experience/Pages/the-hbs-case-method.aspx
Nonprofit Video Roadmap: nonprofitvideolab.com/roadmap
Email Mary Knox: firstname.lastname@example.org
READY TO REDUCE STRESS BY clarifying and organizing your brand storytelling strategy? check out my pre-made BRAND STORYTELLING FRAMEWORK POWERPOINT TEMPLATE
A more focused and aligned brand storytelling marketing strategy is right around the corner! If you’re looking for a quick brand storytelling framework template to plug and play, I’ve got your back. I created this affordable PowerPoint template, with the above five essentials, to help you easily and quickly create your own brand storytelling framework. All you have to do is follow the prompts, update with your brand’s info, and bam—you have your own brand storytelling framework to follow and use for team alignment. LEARN MORE
Sarah Panus is a content marketing strategist, Minnesota mom, and owner of Kindred Speak, LLC, a remote consultancy that helps brands with digital content marketing, influencer marketing, and brainstorming. She’s spent the last two decades helping brands including Sleep Number, Starbucks, Nestle Waters, Christos Bridal, Game Crazy, Cone Inc, and others speak a kindred language with their audiences, driving brand advocacy and millions in revenue and brand engagements. Email Sarah at email@example.com to book a free 20-minute consultation to discuss your brand storytelling questions and needs. Follow Sarah on Instagram or LinkedIn as she helps brand content marketers who struggle with overwhelm or confusion at work. Learn more at www.kindredspeak.com.