TUNE IN: Apple Podcasts l Spotify
“It’s the very stories we suppress, that are the things that help us stand out.”Lisa Gerber on the Marketing With Empathy podcast
Entrepreneur and Author, Lisa Gerber, joins Sarah to discuss how purpose-driven leaders can fuel their work by putting themselves out there through storytelling. + a peek into Lisa’s new book.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
- The rewards of using– and the results of lacking — storytelling in a company.
- Examples of brands using storytelling well.
- What Lisa believes holds brands and people back from sharing their stories .
- Exercise to unearth stories that share an experience that ties into the message.
- Lisa shares a time in her career that she learned to tune in and have more empathy toward herself.
- Where Lisa Gerber looks for creative inspiration.
SNEAK PEEK INTO LISA’S NEW BOOK
Lisa says this book is for any mission-driven leader working hard to make change.
The stages of storytelling
- Discover: finding the stories
- Distill: crafting the stories
- Distribute: putting the stories out there
The steps guiding an organization
- Invisible: maybe their know but not that interesting
- Misunderstood: shifting perception
- Intriguing: people are turning their heads
- Galvanizing: emotionally connected and consumer action
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE
- Purchase Lisa Gerber’s new book at Barnes & Noble FROM SO WHAT? TO SO FUNDED! How nonprofits use stories to create impact and change the world
- Breaking Trail Podcast: The Power of the Third Choice with Sarah Panus
- Ted Talk with Elizabeth Gilbert, Your elusive creative genius
- Purchase Daniel Levitin’s book, The Organized Mind on Amazon
- Connect with Lisa at www.bigleepcreative.com
- Visit her blog Lisa Gerber’s Blog
CHECK OUT THIS GREAT DEAL
Don’t worry about lunch/dinner. Want to try HelloFresh food service? Use my discount code for $40 off fresh ingredients and delicious recipes.
ABOUT SARAH PANUS
Sarah Panus is a brand storytelling marketing strategist, Minnesota mom, and owner of Kindred Speak, LLC, a remote consultancy that helps corporations attract upper-funnel leads that drive bottom-funnel results through storytelling. Her mission is to add value to the world by humanizing brand+consumer connections. Her online courses teach content professionals inside corporations think like Editorial Directors for their brand to drive stronger results while enjoying their jobs more. She’s spent the last 20 years helping brands including Sleep Number, Starbucks, Nestle Waters, Christos Bridal, Game Crazy, Cone Inc, and others, speak a kindred language with their audiences, driving brand advocacy and millions in revenue and brand engagements. Learn more at www.kindredspeak.com. Follow Sarah on Instagram and LinkedIn.