STORIES ARE 22X MORE MEMORABLE THAN FACTS AND FIGURES ALONE. THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS SMART BRANDS LEAN INTO STORYTELLING TO CREATE MORE EMOTIONAL CONNECTIONS WITH THEIR AUDIENCE. TODAY’S PODCAST GUEST, RYAN PENA, LEADS PAID DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA AT NON-PROFIT, BE THE MATCH DOING INCREDIBLE WORK TO LITERALLY SAVE LIVES.
In this episode, we dig into how to leverage emotional storytelling to save lives. This is going to be a helpful episode for all my nonprofit marketers out there, or if you have a CSR initiative you’re communicating. But even if you don’t work with a nonprofit—keep listening, because there’s lessons to be learned for any content marketer who wants to more emotionally connect w/their audience. Which— is ALL of us, right?
I’ve personally been on the Be the Match donor list for years—hoping I will one day be a match to help donate bone marrow to save someone’s life. Support Be the Match by joining the donor registry or donating funds at www.join.bethematch.org/ryan .
Topics covered in this episode include
- How the Be the Match content team is structured
- Their approach to brand storytelling
- How a content audit proved the value of an empathetic approach and changed how Be the Match plans people stories: 800 stories and 12 drove significant action because they had a strong empathetic approach.
- Good examples of scrappy UGC-led social video storytelling to drive audience action (donor registrations, in this case)
- Brand storytelling campaigns Ryan is proud of
- Measuring brand storytelling efforts
- Ends with an actionable takeaway of advice from Ryan Pena
HELPFUL FREEBIE FOR YOU
Download my 5 Essentials Every Brand Storytelling Framework Should Have pdf. It’s available to all my email subscribers at www.kindredspeak.podia.com.
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE
- Ryan Pena on Instagram
- Ryan Pena on Twitter
- Ryan Pena on LinkedIn
- Instagram Be the Match
- Support Be the Match by joining the donor registry or donating funds at: www.join.bethematch.org/ryan
CHECK OUT THESE GREAT DEALS
Get 50% off your Flodesk subscription using my link: https://flodesk.com/c/SARAHPANUS
Don’t worry about lunch/dinner. Want to try HelloFresh food service? Use my discount code for $40 off fresh ingredients and delicious recipes.
Earn $25 Stitch Fix Credit for your first fix using my unique link: https://www.stitchfix.com/invite/sarahpanus?sod=w&som=c&g=w
Sarah Panus is a Content Marketing Strategist, Minnesota Mama, Podcaster, and Founder of Kindred Speak, LLC, a remote consultancy that helps brands with digital content marketing, influencer marketing, and brainstorming. She’s spent the last two decades helping brands including Sleep Number, Starbucks, Nestle Waters, Christos Bridal, Game Crazy, Cone Inc, and others speak a kindred language with their audiences, driving brand advocacy and millions in revenue and brand engagements. Email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a free 30-minute consultation to discuss your brand storytelling questions and needs. Follow Sarah on Instagram or LinkedIn as she helps brand content marketers reduce overwhelm and confusion to build winning brand storytelling strategies. Learn more at www.kindredspeak.com.