“Purpose to me, is what is your intent…How are you moving your intent to the moment?”Shereese Floyd the Marketing With Empathy podcast
Align your purpose and your paycheck with a storytelling model. Brand story strategist, entrepreneur, and TEDx speaker coach, Shereese (Reesy) Floyd and Sarah discuss how using storytelling in difficult conversations can lead to action and better connections.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
- The meaning behind her disinterest of a world where people feel invisible
- Personal & brand examples of storytelling that build connection and create action
- How to better align your purpose and your paycheck:
- What is your intent?
- Three questions to answer
- What is an experience that you had that you don’t want anyone to go through?
- What do you want to be known for?
- What would the world lose if we did not hear your story?
- You always work for yourself when your purpose and your paycheck are align
- Tips to help professionals create stories that connect:
- Watch out for the question “What do you want to be known for?”
- Learning how to craft something based on what the audience cares about
- Where Reesy looks for creative inspiration
- Reesy shares a time in her career that she learned to tune in and have more empathy toward herself
- Key takeaway from the conversation = The power of your story can create the life you desire
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE
- Watch Shereese’s TED talk The Secret to Healing the World
- Connect with her on LinkedIn
- Visit Shereese’s website Witness My Life Movement
SICK OF THINKING ABOUT WHAT TO COOK? CHECK OUT THIS GREAT DEAL
Don’t worry about lunch/dinner. Use my discount code for $40 off fresh ingredients and delicious, family-friendly recipes from HelloFresh food service.
ABOUT SARAH PANUS
Sarah Panus is a brand storytelling marketing strategist, Minnesota mom, and owner of Kindred Speak, LLC, a remote consultancy that helps corporations attract upper-funnel leads that drive bottom-funnel results through storytelling. Her mission is to add value to the world by humanizing brand+consumer connections. Her online courses teach content professionals inside corporations think like Editorial Directors for their brand to drive stronger results while enjoying their jobs more. She’s spent the last 20 years helping brands including Sleep Number, Starbucks, Nestle Waters, Christos Bridal, Game Crazy, Cone Inc, and others, speak a kindred language with their audiences, driving brand advocacy and millions in revenue and brand engagements. Learn more at www.kindredspeak.com. Follow Sarah on Instagram and LinkedIn.